Saturday, 13 October 2012

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Storyboard Project

Back into second year of uni at the University of Glamorgan ! 
To kick off the year we had a storyboarding project. We were given a script for an episode of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and had to make a storyboard for our own selected part in the script. Seeing as I have never watched Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, I struggled with the action sequences with only a help of a standard standing turn around found online, but apart from that I am happy with how the overall storyboard came out. 
I decided to do use a fine liner for the outlining, then adding grey pen to give slight shading and to overall make the drawing easier to read. I then went back with coloured pencil to show the turtle characters. I wanted to keep the overall look very simple with only a colour spotting look to show character, and used a dark background only when the background was of importance within the scene so it was clear what the main subject of the shot was. 
The script I was given was Rafael ripping off the military ribbons of a gangster  as he is impersonating an officer, followed by a cheesy joke involving a satellite falling on his back and impersonating a turtle. After this, the "Globfather" and Rafael battle as the turtles look on shocked and helpless.
 If you see that's whats going on then I guess my job is done !








No comments:

Post a Comment