Thursday, 14 March 2013

For this project I had to create a title sequence for either a made up, or already existing tv show. I chose the show Grimm as the title sequence wasn't very creative and I thought I would give it a go for my own project, to do it in the way I would of liked to of seen the title sequence. 










Once all the research, and initial concepts were done I thumb nailed and then did my rough storyboard for my title sequence. These included the camera and action moves, along with my concepts which were then worked into through digital painting. Although the illustrations were added to with digital painting, I still wanted to keep the original old style illustrative feel from my research.


 




 These are the a few examples of the final stills so far. Altogether there are things that need to be tweaked with the storyboard, as well as adding written information. This will be achieved by the animatic I am currently working on and will be being uploaded very soon.









Three 1 week projects

For this project we had three one week projects which included a project where we had to recreate a character from a child's drawing, create a character image inspired by a specific outfit, and to create a character from objects found in the local museum. 

Doing an adaptation of a child's drawing was my favorite out of the three one week projects. The children's imagination is inspiring and the character bio's nothing like you have ever read before. My characters were an alien called Vicious Victor, and a two headed dragon.



The second project where we had to create a character around an outfit. I went with a 1930's outfit, and a crazy fantasy high fashion runway outfit. I decided to do the 1930's style outfit in black and white to fit the colour and theme of the reference and give a vintage feel. I used textures on both outfits to create the look of different fabrics from fur to lace. Doing this project made me think about how clothes hang and rely on strong poses and construction underneath.





For the third of the one week projects, we had to find an object in the local museum and make a character concept from them. I ended up with an owl make of shells, and a metal ornament of a bear. From these I took elements and merged them together for my final character concept.