Monday, 20 January 2014

Some finals from the last project

Here are some of the final works from my last project. The last project didn't go as well as I had hoped, due to a struggle of balance and finding the best way to do things. My current project How To Say Goodbye I have got a different structure to the planning of my whole project which will help me learn from my previous mistakes. 

The final work for for my previous project feature some character designs as well as the process of a finished background. 


 These are the final expressions for my main character and penguin side act. I'm happy with how they came out, and liked experimenting with textures within a design. I used a brush which gave a very textured, crayon look to the lines and fill. This also gave the characters a softness. I used the same brush within my background design work to colour. This however gave the background of a city a much grubbier and rough look instead of soft. This worked well especially on the buildings and road.
 This is the first drawn draft of my city example background. With now having had a SketchUp workshop, I wish I would of used the program for this shot! However I am happy with how I managed to draw the perspective by eye. This shot was challenging, but I'm very happy with the results. This scene I created morning lighting, and concentrated on how the colour and light would affect the glass and buildings. It took a long time to produce the finished background, with more that I would like to do in the future in my personal time. It was the first time working with buildings and glass, as my other background designs have been for forest or outdoor scenes. Although it took longer than it should of, it was a big learning curve for my work, so in the future I can create such scenes more quickly.

 This is the final colour key for my main character with some colour designs, and some character actions for the penguins.


This is clearly not all the work produced just a brief view of a few of the finals. This project furthered my work on digital painting, and my perspective drawing skills. Skills that I will be able to apply to my future projects. In particular I will be taking some skills through to my Personal Project as part of my Major Project, where I will explore background design and digital painting more thoroughly.

No comments:

Post a Comment