Friday, 20 May 2016

Digital Deco

Taking the inked drawings into Illustrator was the next step. I wanted to keep the experimentation I'd done with the line thickness and so made sure that was exaggerated in the digital sketches. Thankfully I don't feel the designs lost anything by going into a vector illustration. 


 I used the pen tool for alot of the drawing as I love getting the crisp vector lines. But there were some parts that needed the human touch. When something is too neat it can look like it falls very flat compared to the natural wobbliness of the original. To keep it, I made sure I did the hair by hand keeping imperfection.


The hair, the long eyelashes and the dark lips were my favourite parts of these sketches. I used to hate drawing hair, but now I quite enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment